9/21/2009

Busy....

I have not been keeping up on blogging, but it has been a very busy period of time in the Butler household. I realize this isn't a personal blog, but this demonstrates some of my underlying opinions.

We are buying a house. I know that there is doom and gloom in the news, I know that we currently are fighting against an out of control government. I know that the economy is in a deep recession, possibly even headed into a true depresssion.

But this is ALL secondary. We live in a country that has a Constitution designed to protect us against the government. We still have enough people who believe in the rights of people to life liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness.... I hope it comes about peacefully, but I know that one way or another it will come back to a freedom, capitalistic REPUBLIC. I have faith in the American people.

1 comment:

  1. The pursuit of happiness. Four words that have a very different meaning today than it did when those words were first crafted into the fabric of our country.

    Now many people feel that they have a right to things that make them happy. They have a right to welfare, they have a right to insurance, they have a right to sue the homeowner if they are hurt while breaking and entering. They cry, "It's not fair that they make more money," "It's not fair that they can afford better medicines," "It's not fair that I have a pre-existing condition and can't get good insurance."

    I have no sympathy and I feel like all the compassion is being sucked out of me with this idea that everything has to be fair. It's not. It never will be. Never. It's the equivalent of me saying that it's not fair that there are more genetically gifted people in the world that are more beautiful than I am. Either they need surgery or I do.

    Fair... it's an event held usually in the summer months, not a condition applicable to our lives.

    ReplyDelete